教育学硕士 and 学习 (M.Ed.) is a non-licensure program that will enable candidates to develop critical thinking skills while honing their sensitivity toward demographic, 经济, 文化和社会差异. The 36-hour credit graduate program is designed to enhance current position and develop skills for future positions. 以文科传统为基础的, the program is designed to meet the educational needs of individual students by promoting breadth, 深度, 以及知识的整合. It will assist students in developing intellectual concepts, 复杂的学习技巧, 道德价值观, 良好的公民意识.
The program will enable a career change for fields other than education that will enable the candidate to take on leadership roles in a school or organization.
- a baccalaureate degree from an American college or university accredited by one of the recognized regional accrediting associations, or the equivalent from an international college or university
- 本科GPA不低于2分.75 (students falling below this level may submit other evidence of their ability to successfully complete a graduate program)
- 申请人可能会被录取到M.Ed. graduate program in one of the following categories:
- Regular Admission: Applicants are admitted under this category when they have satisfied the admissions criteria detailed above.
- Conditional Admission: Applicants are admitted under this category when they have a marginal undergraduate record. Applicants will be permitted to take a maximum of six graduate credits in this admission category. 完成六个研究生学分后, a conditionally admitted student will either be admitted or denied admission into the M.Ed. 根据他/她的表现制定计划.
- Provisional Admission: Applicants who do not meet all of the criteria for Regular Admission, but show reasonable promise for success in the M.Ed. 程序，可能会被暂时录取. Students will be permitted to begin graduate studies while completing admissions deficiencies.
- 教育al Director at a Museum or Nonprofit
Take accelerated education classes that provide a comprehensive knowledge of educational concepts and challenge you to grow as a professional. 在伯大尼, you’ll find a curriculum that distinctively prepares you for a successful education career.
- EDUC 646 Foundations of Literacy and Language Systems
This course focuses on the beginnings of the development of literacy in children including the fundamentals of reading and writing as processes and how children come to understand and use those processes in differing settings. Research-based instructional strategies for supporting the development of children’s literacy are explored, 包括字母和印刷意识, 语音意识, 看字读音, 流利, 词汇和理解.
- EDUC 654 Research and Data-Driven Decision Making
This course is designed to inform the learner of using research and data to make decisions in their institution. The learner will explore strategies for putting into practice data-informed, 决策过程. The learner will research how and why data driven decision making has been credited with improving teacher quality, 改善课程, 促进家长参与, & narrowing the achievement gaps amongst various student populations.
- EDUC 652 Program Planning and Assessment
This course will provide the learner with opportunities to research a variety of education institutions at all levels to gain an understanding of program planning and assessment. The learner will discover the variety of Stakeholders at all levels within and outside the organization, 包括学生, 管理员, 雇主, 立法者, 公众, expect institutions to demonstrate that their programs accomplish desired goals and that processes are in place to support data-driven improvement.
This course will investigate the characteristics of the adult learner. Adult learners have traits that set them apart from ‘traditional’ school or college learners. All adults come to courses with a variety and range of experiences, both in terms of their working life and educational backgrounds. This impacts on how and why they participate in learning. Multiples stages of an adult learner’s life will be investigated which will include their perspectives on learning, 动机, 不同的背景.
- EDUC 660 教育al Leadership and Supervision of Higher 教育 设施
This course will provide an overview of administrative theory, 工具, and technology; educational leadership; legal issues; organizational and community relationships; political structures; and program development, 评价, 和问责制. Duties of the trustees and 管理员 in relation to the daily operations of a higher education facility will be explored.